The Büchel/Peter family is living in the middle of the Zurich Oberland on a former farm together with their four alpacas. They practice a traditional craft - the processing of raw wool.
Visit the alpaca farm
A free half-hour visit includes the following:
- get to know the alpacas
- feed the alpacas
Help processing the alpaca wool yourself in a workshop
or during a spinning course:
- examine the raw wool and take a look at the tools
- pluck the alpaca wool with a wool picker
- card the alpaca wool with a drum and a hand carder
- spin the alpaca wool with a spindle on a spinning wheel
- produce your own thing according to instructions (cost of raw material)
- costs: CHF 30.– per hour, as of 5 people CHF 50.– per hour
The activities can be booked for individuals and groups of up to 30 people. Accessibility
Free parking available. With public transport to Mönchaltorf or Gossau ZH – walk to the alpaca farm within 20 minutes from there.
A heart for people in difficult life situations
Our farm also has a social purpose. Together with people with difficult life situations we make alpaca wool products and improve their social and financial situation.